|System Requirements - Complete Details
Protocols for Email Protection
- POP3 (Incoming only) available in all ZoneAlarm products
- SMTP (Outgoing only) available in all ZoneAlarm products except free ZoneAlarm
- HTTP (Junk email filtering in conjunction with Outlook or Outlook Express)
available in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite only
- IMAP4 (Incoming only) - IMAP4 is not supported for virus scanning of email.
available only with ZoneAlarm Antivirus and ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
- Internet Explorer 5.5, 6.0 SP1, 6.0 SP2
- Netscape Navigator 7.2, 8.0 Beta
- FireFox 1.00 and higher
- MSN Explorer 6.0 and higher
- AOL 9.0
Compatible IM Clients
- MSN 6.2.0205 and higher
- Windows Messenger 220.127.116.119 and higher
- Yahoo! IM 5.5.1226 and higher
- Yahoo! Japan IM* 18.104.22.1685 and higher
- AOL IM 5.2.3292 and higher
- ICQ Pro 2003b and higher
- ICQ Lite 5.0 and higher
- Trillian (/MSN/YIM/AIM/ICQ) 0.74i and higher
- Trillian Pro (/MSN/YIM/AIM/ICQ) 1.0 and higher
- GAIM (/MSN/YIM/AIM/ICQ) 0.74 and higher
- Miranda (MSN/YIM/ICQ) 0.3.2 and higher
* - Japan Yahoo IM does not work with non-Japan Yahoo's ID because
it uses a different process: "YPagerJ.exe"
Operating Systems Support
It is Zone Labs' policy to extend protection to customers of all Microsoft Windows
operating systems as long as the following conditions apply:
- The operating system itself is still supported by its creating company (Microsoft) with
automatic and proactive security updates to protect customers against the latest security
- The operating system can technically support the Zone Labs software without negatively
effecting the users security.
When these above criteria are not met, we will, at the sole discretion of Zone Labs,
L.L.C., discontinue support of the operating system. We will make every attempt to give
prior notice to customers before discontinuing support for an operating system.
Current Operating System Support Information:
|Zone Labs End-of-Life Status
All ZoneAlarm family products currently run on the Windows 98 se/ME operating system.
However, there are a few new and advanced protection features in ZoneAlarm products that
do not run on this operating system due to technical limitations of this operating system.
Furthermore, Microsoft has stopped automatic/proactive updates of this operating system
and plans to end support entirely in early 2006. Zone Labs strongly recommends upgrading
to a more current and supported version of Windows operating system.
All currently shipping ZoneAlarm products will run without limitation on the Windows 2000
All currently shipping ZoneAlarm products will run without limitation on the Windows XP
* - Windows 95 is no longer supported
FAQ for Zone Labs End-of-Life Policy
Why does Zone Labs have a policy to end support for operating systems?
This policy is in place for several reasons:
- Older operating systems, even when still supported by the creating company, often have
technical limitations that make it impossible to properly protect our customers using new
and advanced ZoneAlarm technology.
- When the creating company stops fixing the new "holes" discovered by hackers
in its operating system, customers are much more vulnerable to attack.
- Zone Labs strongly encourages its customers to adhere to a "best practices"
approach to security, where each best practice that's upheld makes the customer much less
likely to fall victim to attack; and every best practice ignored makes the customer much
more vulnerable. Keeping software, including the operating system, up-to-date with the
latest security patches is an essential best practice.
What if I have a current update/support subscription for a ZoneAlarm product when you
cut support for my operating system?
If you purchased a product or product service extension during the period when your
operating system was listed under the Zone Labs end-of-life section; and that policy was
clearly posted online; and support for your operating system was not listed in the system
requirements section; we will not provide you a refund for your purchase But we encourage
you to upgrade your operating system to a safe, supported system and continue to use your
current ZoneAlarm product.
Go back to the
USFamily.Net Protection Pack Information Page